Aniol Serrasolses 1st descent of (100ft). Puma falls

Puma falls has always been a big one, a true 100 footer located on the river Fuy. This is the biggest waterfall ever ran In Chile. I’ve been looking at this waterfall for the last 2 years, been to that place so many times… but never had the perfect water level together with a big crew to provide a good safety/footage.

fired up crew on a high water day!

Jake Greenbaum walking through

On the 7th of January everything changed… we got together with an awesome crew who made the 1st descent of the falls possible! There’s a few factor that have kept many great kayakers away of running that drop. On the right side you got a pocket wall with difficult safety, If you got bad luck and your skirt implode and you swim in that direction you better start praying… also the high speed of the water at the lip is really scary… boofing this one is not an option.

I sat on the lip enough time to get fired up, not sure about how everything was going to work out, but knowing that the only way to know, was going for it… so I went!

scared and excited minutes before running the beast!

aniol riding on the lip of the falls


I sticked the entrance, not too fast and keeping my boat on the line. Didn’t take enough of a stroke because I was scared of boofing and tucked too early landing sideways and over my head.



The impact was terrible strong, so big that I got ejected right away… I tried to swim and reach the surface but took me a few seconds that felt like forever… luckily for me I got pushed to the left side where the water’s calm. I wasn’t injured and I was super stoked that everything went fine. Later on I realized that my skirt was broken in two parts…

Aniol Serrasolses 1st descent of Puma falls, rio fuy, chile

Obviously pissed because I didn’t stick the line, but in any big drop that you fuck up and you don’t get hurt, you must be really happy, so I am!

Dave Meyers ! both stoked!

We kept going with the whole crew down the middle section of the fuy, super fun rapids with a sick 40 footer waterfall! Another awesome day in our lifes!

beautiful sunset from our campspot in the rio Fuy

thank you all for the support ! Anton, Johny, David, Brooke, Logan, Lorenzo, Fred!!


Here is the teaser of Bombflow episode 8, gonna be a good one!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire